The College of Physicians of Philadelphia Digital Library

Friedrich, Paul Leopold, 1864-1914

About This Item

Title

Friedrich, Paul Leopold, 1864-1914

Subject

Physicians
Friedrich, Paul Leopold, 1864-1914
Photographs
Portraits

Description

Portrait.
Front of image: Prof. J.F. Usinnie/ from his friend/ P.L. Friedrich/ Oct 1905
Back of image: illegible description

Source

Original image: Philadelphia General Hospital Photograph Collection, Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia, box 20, photo no. 34
Philadelphia General Hospital was originally part of the Philadelphia Almshouse, which was founded in 1731 for the city’s poor, elderly and indigent. Nicknamed “Old Blockley,” because of its location in Blockley Township of West Philadelphia, the hospital was renamed Philadelphia General Hospital in 1919. The hospital eventually closed in 1977. The images in this collection have been compiled from a number of sources but appear to be predominantly from the personal photo albums of attending physicians.

Publisher

Digitized by the Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia

Date

ca. 1905

Type

StillImage

Identifier

PGH_20_34

Original Format

1 photograph

Physical Dimensions

10 x 15cm

Citation

“Friedrich, Paul Leopold, 1864-1914,” The College of Physicians of Philadelphia Digital Library, accessed June 15, 2021, https://www.cppdigitallibrary.org/items/show/798.