The College of Physicians of Philadelphia Digital Library

Resident Physicians ca. 1907

About This Item

Title

Resident Physicians ca. 1907

Subject

Physicians
Internship and Residency
Blockley Almshouse
Philadelphia General Hospital
Photographs
Portraits

Description

Group of resident physicians with dog.
Front of image: Identification at bottom of picture
Dog is named "Beans"

Source

Original image: Philadelphia General Hospital Photograph Collection, Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia, box 11, photo no. 6
Philadelphia General Hospital was originally part of the Philadelphia Almshouse, which was founded in 1731 for the city’s poor, elderly and indigent. Nicknamed “Old Blockley,” because of its location in Blockley Township of West Philadelphia, the hospital was renamed Philadelphia General Hospital in 1919. The hospital eventually closed in 1977. The images in this collection have been compiled from a number of sources but appear to be predominantly from the personal photo albums of attending physicians.

Publisher

Digitized by the Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia

Date

ca. 1907

Type

StillImage

Identifier

PGH_11_6

Spatial Coverage

Philadelphia

Temporal Coverage

History, 20th Century

Original Format

1 photograph

Physical Dimensions

23 x 38.5 cm

Citation

“Resident Physicians ca. 1907,” The College of Physicians of Philadelphia Digital Library, accessed May 18, 2021, https://www.cppdigitallibrary.org/items/show/737.